The most versatile and powerful thermal desorption unit
UNITY-xr™ is a world-leading analytical TD instrument for the simultaneous analysis of VOCs, SVOCs and thermally labile compounds collected onto sorbent tubes.
In contrast to other thermal desorption units, UNITY-xr quantitatively re-collects samples for re-analysis or storage, enhancing sample security. UNITY-xr also features an electrically cooled cold trap, dispensing with the expense and inconvenience of liquid cryogen.
Who uses the UNITY-xr?
UNITY-xr is perfect for any laboratory starting out in TD with low throughput requirements, or for those needing a versatile thermal desorber for all their TD applications (whether tubes, canisters, or on-line).
- Peace of mind – with quantitative sample re-collection for repeat analysis, UNITY-xr offers simple method/data validation and overcomes the ‘one-shot’ limitation of other systems.
- Enhance productivity with the world’s most versatile thermal desorber – UNITY-xr offers unmatched analytical performance for the widest range of TD applications.
- Expand your capabilities – Not only does UNITY-xr allow you to analyse the widest possible range of VOCs and SVOCs in a single run, but the unbeatable split range (splitless to 125,000:1) enables both high-concentration and trace-level samples to be analysed on the same instrument.
- Outstanding performance – Eliminate risk of discrimination, minimise artefacts and optimise data confidence, thanks to the fully inert flow path and backflush trap desorption.
- Reduce running costs by avoiding the need for expensive and hazardous cryogen, and the associated risk of ice blockage of the flow path.
- Easy and intelligent operation – With built-in parameters for several standard methods, automated self-checking diagnostics and usage/maintenance counters, you can quickly and easily get going and keep going.
- Future-proof your lab – Additional modules allow automation of multiple tubes (up to 199), canisters and on-line samples, making UNITY-xr the perfect platform for expansion as the needs of your lab grow.
- Be confident – You’re using a desorber that complies with key standards set out by numerous regulatory bodies, including US EPA, Chinese EPA, CEN, ISO, ASTM, HSE, JSA, NIOSH, and more.