Markes TF-SPME Starter Kit
TF-SPME Starter Kit
TF-SPME (Thin-film solid-phase microextraction) is a novel sampling approach for sorptive extraction of VOCs and SVOCs and ultra-trace level analysis.
Developed by the inventor of SPME, Professor Janusz Pawliszyn, TF-SPME uses a carbon mesh strip impregnated with a sorptive phase of 100× greater volume than a typical SPME fiber.
As with traditional SPME, TF-SPME membranes can be used to extract volatile and semi-volatile analytes from solids and liquids, using immersive or headspace techniques. However, the much greater surface area offers high extraction rates and sensitivity, making TF-SPME an ideal sampling tool for ultra-trace level analysis.
Applicable to a wide range of compound classes.
- Robust fiber design and flexibility enable sampling in challenging environments.
- An environmentally friendly, solvent-free analytical approach.
- Split-flow re-collection on compatible instruments enables repeat analysis under different split conditions – aiding a wide range of characterisation.
Selectivity for certain classes possible with starter kits for four sorptive phases:
- PDMS is suitable for non-polar VOCs & SVOCs.
- PDMS/CAR is suitable for VVOCs.
- PDMS/DVB is suitable for general analysis of VOCs & SVOCs.
- PDMS/HLB has a balanced affinity for polar and non‑polar compounds, and is suitable for analysis of ‘unknowns’
For more information, please visit: