Markes Stainless Steel Thermal Desorption Sorbent Tubes
Industry-Standard Metal Tubes
Markes International’s industry-standard stainless steel tubes are made from the highest-specification materials, and are suitable for the majority of VOC air monitoring applications across a wide range of compound types and atmospheric concentrations. They comply with official standard methods such as US EPA Method TO-17 and EN ISO 16017.
Unrivalled labelling options
Tube labelling is provided as standard on Markes’ tubes, and helps you keep track of samples and tube stock . Labels on stainless steel tubes comprise a serial number, barcode, and sampling direction arrow.
Additional labelling and tracking options are also available:
- Up to 10 alphanumeric characters can be laser-etched on the side of your metal tubes, e.g. sorbent type, company, project name.
- Metal tubes can be permanently marked with up to five bands for rapid identification.
- Markes’ TubeTAG™ radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology provides fail-safe tracking of tubes during field monitoring projects – the ultimate in sorbent tube informatics.
Recommended Sorbent Tubes
PAHs in air (C2-AAXX-5138)
Using large sample volumes and an optimised analytical protocol, this sorbent tube can be used to monitor polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons at ppt levels.
Material emissions/Indoor air (C3-AAXX-5304)
These tubes comply with ISO 16000-6 for simultaneous monitoring of VVOCs, VOCs and SVOCs. They are particularly suitable for monitoring indoor air quality and for testing chemicals released by products and materials.
Soil gas/Vapour intrusion (C3-AAXX-5304)
These tubes, packed with the best sorbents for monitoring underground contamination and vapour intrusion, are compatible with everything from C4 hydrocarbons to middle-distillate fuels, as well as high-humidity air.
Sorptive extraction and direct desorption (C0-AXXX-0000)
Empty tubes are ideal for releasing volatiles from HiSorb sorptive extraction probes, as well as for direct desorption of small samples of relatively homogeneous materials.
- Pre-packed sorbent tubes can also be supplied conditioned and capped, ready for use on arrival.
- Our digital catalogue contains further guidance on sorbent tube selection, or alternatively contact us to discuss any special requirements.
- All tubes are supplied in packs of 10.
- Single-bed tubes are suitable for pumped or passive sampling. Multi-bed tubes greatly extend the analyte range, but can only be used for pumped sampling.
For more information, please visit: